The Fury-- Alexander Gordon Smith

Release Date: July 23rd, 2013
Genre: Horror
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux
Pages: 688
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
Imagine if one day, without warning, the entire human race turns against you, if every person you know, every person you meet becomes a bloodthirsty, mindless savage . . . That’s the horrifying reality for Cal, Brick, and Daisy. Friends, family, even moms and dads, are out to get them. Their world has the Fury. It will not rest until they are dead.
Blurb: GAH! This would be the scariest thing ever!

Review: Ready for some more horror? Don't worry, this one I definitely recommend. This book had me on the edge of my seat, and almost crying sometimes. Why? Because it hit me where it hurts! One of my greatest fears is being isolated or shunned or hated by  society. I need people to like me in order to survive! Therefore, the idea that the WHOLE WORLD can turn against you just made me weep. Literally!

Honestly, if everyone started trying to kill me, I would probably just give up. I'm super impressed that these kids didn't. Not only did they find a way to survive, they rose to the challenge.

What I particularly love is that Gordon has gathered together a cast of characters that are likable, but definitely flawed. And the bad people aren't necessarily "bad" just as much as the good people aren't necessarily "good."

The "horror" parts of this book were pretty gruesome, but also so unbelievable that they didn't bother me. Picture dozens people being folded like paper and exploding into blood colored sand. I don't know about you, but I can't really picture that in anything other than a cartoony way. (If you don't know yet that horror doesn't usually bother me, you can read more about that here.)

All-in-all I found this book captivating, if not very stimulating. If you're looking for something that'll wrap you up for 500 pages, but won't tire out your brain too much, this is the book for you!

Other Reviews:

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2013
*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I've been wary of Alexander Gordon Smith's books ever since the Escape from the Furnace series. But after reading the review, I think I'll have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails