**Pivot Point-- Kasie West

Release Date: February 12th, 2013
Genre: Romance, Mystery, Supernatural/Superpower
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 343
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without.
Blurb: HOLY CRAP I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH!

Review: I know that River already reviewed this and said pretty much all I am going to say. But I need to say it again: This book is amazing. It REALLY makes you think! First of all, I was not expecting it to be so... X-men like. I mean, they don't go around fighting bad guys, but they do have superpowers and go to a high school for people with super powers.

But that's not what makes this book truly amazing. The concept is just... so original. The idea that you can have two stories happening simultaneously to the same person is... mind blowing. Throw into that a murder mystery and some pretty cute boys, and you've got a winner.

One thing I especially loved was the rules that Kasie set up in the world. Although Addie can SEE the future, she understands that there really isn't anything she can do to CHANGE the future. There are so many uncontrollable details that go in to the future, that it's not like she says "I'll look at my future and if it sucks then I'll just fix it." This made for some great tension in the story. Ah! So much great tension!

The end of this book really blew me away. As in... I think pieces of my brain might still be scattered around from when my mind exploded. This book does not stick to standard romance conventions. Addie is forced to choose between her own happiness, and the happiness of others. And she might have to break some promises along the way. So good! If you want a more detailed/cohesive review, I would check out River's.

Other Reviews:

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2013
*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

5 comments:

  1. Well, enna, I have been hearing so many good things about this book and i want to read it so much, but I have the senior grade studying to complete!Ugh!
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY so glad you enjoyed it! We did too, and can't wait for Kasie West's next book, THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book a lot too-I found it so original and that the writing was absolutely captivating. Excited for more of West's writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the X-men vibe. I wasn't expecting it either. The ending the ending! Where is book 2 when you need it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book 2 comes out in February - it's called Split Second. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails