I'm Back! And I need adult fiction recommendations!

Hello! I am BACK from Harry Potter World and it was AMAZING! I will get into that more later. I've also got some great reviews scheduled, some author interviews, a new synopsis-project idea, AND I'm starting on the birthday bash 2013.

BUT, what I need ASAP are some adult fiction recommendations! My mom is flying to Australia TODAY, and she needs some books. Unfortunately, we have really opposite tastes when it comes to books, so I have no idea how to help her. Here's what she said:
I want something that's a page-turner. I also like books with some element of mystery that needs to be solved.
Here are some of her favorites:

  • The Handmaid's Tale
  • The Help
  • Life of Pi
  • The Book Thief
  • Grapes of Wrath
  • Rebecca
  • The Bell Jar
  • The Bean Trees
  • The Poisonwood Bible

If you know of any great books, please recommend ASAP!




All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

9 comments:

  1. Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear
    Cordelia Underwood by Van Reid
    To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
    The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Shaffer and Barrows
    Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
    Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I can let her borrow my copy of Guernsey that a certain someone gave me. ;)

      Delete
  2. She may like Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think she might like:
    - HOTEL ON THE CORNER OF BITTER AND SWEET by Jamie Ford
    - WHERE'D YOU GO, BERNADETTE? by Maria Semple
    - GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn
    - SILVER SPARROW by Tayari Jones
    - OLIVE KITTERIDGE by Elizabeth Strout
    - THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern
    - THE PARIS WIFE by Paula McLain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee hee. I read my mom this list and she has read EVERY one of those except Silver Sparrow. Her response was: "Your readers are magical people. How did they know?!"

      Delete
  4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society -- I second that.

    A few good authors: Penelope J. Stokes, Charles Martin, Mitch Albom, Marilynne Robinson. All have a sort of write Christian novels, which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read a lot of adult fiction, but I am reading one right now that I'm liking so far. It's called A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent (the author is Marie Brennan). It's set in a fictional world patterned after Regency/Early Victorian English society. I feel like it's Jane Austen meets dragons meets Jane Goodall.

    Other books that are "adult" that I like:
    A Dog's Purpose
    Love Comes Softly

    ReplyDelete
  7. not a big fan of adult fictions though, but i really get into some science fictions

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails