ABEA Day 4: Beyond the Blog


This post is all supposed to be about how to make blogging beneficial besides just blogging.

... um... I don't do that.

Everything I do on my blog is just for the sake of blogging. I don't make money, in fact I lose quite a bit doing contests. I'm a math major so the writing practice doesn't help me much academically. I do work at a library, but... even that's not very closely related to my blog. My blog does affect a lot about what happens to me IRL, but that's all just more blogging stuff in the real world.

So today's topic is not for me. I did try to add blogads to my blog, but they've been sitting there for a long time and there's been no response. I'm thinking I'll get rid of them because they're ugly.

What about y'all? Do you make money blogging? Has your blog led you to get a job or start a new hobby or something? Clearly I need advice in this area.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

4 comments:

  1. well I don't do ads on my blog but did try amazon. Neither worked out. I do have my blog linked to my local abc station and to my local paper...It all my reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Enna you're so sweet! :) :) I, too, blog for the sake of blogging :) And I love it! Hope you find some useful answers today! Enjoy aBEA! And hope to see you at the twitter party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issue - my blog doesn't add up money wise but that's NOT why I do it. YAY for being a math major - that's my BA too.

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my beyond my blog post

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I do monetarily is that I'm an Amazon affiliate. But, I haven't made anything from it and I'm perfectly fine with it. I blog just because I like to blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails