ABEA Day 1: Introductions!


I'm participating in Armchair BEA. The awesomeness that is ABEA would take too long for me to explain, so you should click here to find out all there is to know.

Now! On to day one: Introductions! Here are my answers to the five (actually, I chose six) questions:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
  • I'm Enna Isilee, which is not my real name but I think I've actually reached a point where I have more friends that call me Enna than that call me my real name. I've been blogging for almost 5 years (blogoversary next month!) and I started blogging to get free books (BAD ENNA!) but I kept blogging to keep a record of what I read and to connect with other book-lovers.
Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
  • I have two jobs: one in a library, and one as a snake/reptile handler. No joke.
What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
  • I really like my IMM vlogs. I know many people don't like them, but they're one of the few times I get to share some of my favorite songs as well as books. They make me happy.
Where do you see your blog in five years?
  • Hopefully going just as strong as it is now. I don't plan for a whole lot of growth because I'm happy with what my blog has become, and the next five years are going to be a time of much changes in my personal life. If I can just keep squeaking, I'll be happy.
What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
  • For the last year I've been dying to go to Prague because of The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It just sounded so magical!
What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
  • I just love interacting with other book lovers. Really. I wasn't kidding when I said I have more friends that call me Enna (AKA I first met online) than I do that call my by my real name, in real life. I owe blogging for most of my real social life, not just my online one. I do hope we'll somehow reach a point where blogger envy will die away. But seeing as that's more of a human issue, not a blogging one, I'm not sure it will happen. A girl can dream!


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

14 comments:

  1. I've been to Prague and it really is as amazing as Laini wrote it. And I like to watch your IMM vlogs just for the fun t-shirts you wear :) Enjoy your Armchair week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome that you've been able to meet so many bloggers in real life and call them friends. I would love to actually really meet people one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have guessed a snake and reptile handler! LOL That is pretty awesome! I used to catch a lot of them as a kid and still find them fascinating. :)

    My intro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird to you when people call you by your real name? The only reason I ask is that a few years back, I tried to go by my middle name, Elyse. Everyone at work made the transition, but everyone in my personal life couldn't. So, I was two people basically. I eventually went back to my first name because I didn't like being two different people. But, out of it, grew my online personality, Jenni Elyse. So, it was good in a way, but I just wonder how you feel about it.

    Oh, and what kinds of snakes and reptiles do you handle? Meaning, do you handle poisonous ones and is it scary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni,

    It is REALLY weird when people call me by my real name who first knew me as "Enna." Emily texted me the other day and said my real name and it just felt... wrong. I very much prefer being called Enna by people who first knew me by that name.

    My family can't call me Enna. And it would be weird if they did. It's not hard for me to balance the two names because they're almost two different people inside me. Enna and (insert real name) have rather different personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually call you Ennalee when I address you, but when I talk about you to other people, I use your real name. In my head, you're both interchangeably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone who has been to Prague, and then read the book, it's amazing to read something so well written and imagine putting the two together. You definitely should go someday - prague is one of those cities that just begs to be written about, not just because it's beautiful, but because it has a feel to it that just... asks for it.

    For the record, I love the name Enna. I had no idea it wasn't your real name, but I think it's very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa I didn't know you were a reptile handler! When I grow up I want to work in a library too :) I love your banner that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to visit Prague too. I loved smoke and bone too. Also I have been blogging for 5 years too. Enjoy the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, Enna you're so sweet!! And your blog is adorable <3 <3 I love it!! :) :) Great introduction post!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of people know me more as Girl Who Reads rather than my real name. Another thing we kind of have in common is I used to be a zoo keeper. You can learn that and more in my intro post.

    Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I can't believe you started a blog to get free books. Shame! Right, as if I didn't start with some similar idea in my addled brain. Please don't send your pet snake out to bite me. I haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Is it really all that and a bucket of chicken? Because if so there is a library copy with my name on it.

    So glad we could find each other through the mass press of people here at ABEA. Aren't the crowds just crazy? I hope we meet up again before ABEA is over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, "Enna", it is a delight to get to know you. I love your jobs, and have a keen interest in the latter as I owned many lizards not so long ago. I had a Blue Peruvian Iguana, a Skink, and 4 Anols. I have dogs now. Way different.
    I hope you come by my post; http://fredasvoice.blogspot.ca/2012/06/armchair-bea-day-one-introductions.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. You work with snakes? That's so cool! I love snakes, because even though they can be kind of scary, they're also so interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails