Regarding Content Reviews

Hey y'all, I'm in a hardcore reading slump, and I just can't muster up the energy to write some backlogged audiobook reviews, so I'm posting this instead.

I always try to mention if there's any "innapropriate" content in a book. This is just integrated into my review (should I have a separate section for it in each review?), and it is almost always based on my opinion of what "appropriate" is. I'd like to share a link with you of a GREAT content website


I adore this site. The reason why I love it so much is it is 100% factual. It doesn't say "there was WAY too much profanity in this book" it says, "there was profanity, here's what it was:". It allows the reader to judge for themselves. If you ever are wondering about the content of a YA book, check this site. It's what I always do.

Do you know of any other content review sites (preferably factual ones like PBR)? Leave them in the comments and I'll add them to my list. I think I'll make a page of good content-review sites.



All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love, Enna! We love you, too! : )

    G.C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!!! Thank you so much!! I sometimes use CommonSenseMedia.org but their reviews aren't as thorough. Just kind of an overview. (Which is why I started my own.) If you ever decide you'd like to help us out, let me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of two more.
    http://ratedreads.com/
    and http://www.theliteratemother.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love PBR! It's the first site I check when I'm trying to decide whether or not I should read something.

    I know of a few others:
    Books in the Spotlight
    Shut Up! I'm Reading
    Reading Rocks
    Story Snoops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commonsensemedia.org has a book section that is pretty reliable on content, but the only problem is the lack of regular updates.

    I'd be careful with the Rated Reads site, because unlike PBR, their rating system is pretty subjective and opinion-based, therefore not exactly 100% reliable. Like you mentioned, you can't go wrong with in-text references. That way people can decide for themselves

    I really wish there was a site that was 100% trustworthy that was also regularly updated. If the folks who run SCREENIT.COM (this exact resource, only for movies) ran a spinoff site for books, we would never have to worry about anything! Those folks are ACCURATE.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails