*Lies-- Michael Grant (#3 in GONE series, possible SPOILERS!)

Release Date: May 4, 2010
Pages: 464
Genre: Sci-Fi
Rating:

Series: Gone (#1), Hunger (#2)
Summary:
It happens in one night: a girl who died now walks among the living, Zil and the Human Crew set fire to Perdido Beach, and amid the flames and smoke, Sam sees the figure of the boy he fears the most - Drake. But Sam and Caine defeated him along with the Darkness - or so they thought. As Perdido Beach burns, battles rage: Astrid against the Town Council; the Human Crew versus the mutants; and Sam against Drake. And the prophetess Orsay and her companion, Nerezza, are preaching that death will set them all free. As life in the FAYZ becomes more desperate, no one knows who they can trust
Review: Those of you who have read my reviews of the first two books in this series (see links above) know that I LOVE this series. They're so action packed and detailed! Often books this detailed get old fast. Not Grant's books. The detail sucks you in, makes you feel like you know the characters. You don't doubt the decisions they make because of course that's what they'd do. Pschaw.

With that said, Lies was kind of a let-down. Hence the only one * rating (which means semi-squeaky book, by the way).

It was only "kind of" a let-down because this series needed a book like this. Lies was very much a bridge book. There wasn't a whole lot of paranormal activity or conflict. Just a bunch of kids having normal problems. Or... as normal as problems can be when you live in a supernatural bubble. The adventure didn't happen until the end, and it was minimal. I can tell that this is building up to something big, so I'm pretty excited for Plague the 4th book in the series coming out in 2011.

Lies definitely provided GONE fans a chance to take a deep breath, but as a consequence didn't have the same energy of the other two books.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting review, personally LIES has to be my favourite of the series, it is very action packed and most of it takes place in one day of the FAYZ.

    I understand how you mean it is a bridging book, I guess it sets up the fourth installment PLAGUE pretty well. Can't for it to hit the shelves, another year to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess that's true. But there was no Sam and Caine interaction! That's one of my favorite parts in this series.

    Does it really only take place in one day?! I rally need to pay cower attention to the countdown in the headings.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with this review. There wasn't as much action, and it didn't keep me on the edge of my seat the whole time either. But, as you said, it gave us time to take a breath. Plus, it set up PLAGUE really well. I can't wait to read it!

    Oh, and thanks for getting me started on the Gone series. It didn't really interest me, but when I read your review of GONE I had to pick up the series right away. So, thanks for getting me started on this amazing series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails