*The Body Finder-- Kimberly Derting

Release Date: March 16, 2010
Pages: 327
Genre: Suspense, Paranormal
Rating:

Official Website:
Click here
Summary:
A serial killer on the loose. A girl with a morbid ability. And the boy who would never let anything happen to her.

Violet Ambrose can find the dead. Or at least, those who have been murdered. She can sense the echoes they leave behind... and the imprints they leave on their killers. As if that weren't enough to deal with during junior year, she also has a sudden, inexplicable, and consuming crush on her best friend since childhood, Jay Heaton.

Now a serial killer has begun terrorizing Violet's small town... and she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him."
Review: I was completely engrossed by this book. Completely. Couldn't put it down. Started it Thursday morning, finished it Thursday night. SO GOOD! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. There are little bits where you see through the killer's eyes and I got chills!

Okay. Now that I have that out of the way, I can get on my soapbox.

STATEMENT: I don't believe in high school romance.

Or, maybe that's incorrect. Let me amend that by saying that I never had high school romance. I have known plenty of couples who knew each other in high school and have lived happily ever after. However, I just don't understand how that can happen 'cause it never happened to me. Please be aware of this as I give my only criticism of this book:

The romance seemed fake. Oh, not all the time. Only when the characters were making out violently. When they were laughing and joking with each other, I thought it was really sweet. I personally think that the story could have been just as (if not more) effective by just having that sweet, fun romance. Just sayin'.

That, and the book's mild profanity(not a criticism, just a comment) will prevent me from purchasing it. However, I STRONGLY (ooh look, that one is bold, underlined, italicized AND all-caps) recommend you pick it up from your library. Or buy it, if that's your cup of tea.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I really hate my library. So many books that they don't have...including this one. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my library has this book. *sigh* Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails