**Shiver-- Maggie Stiefvater

Release Date: November 10, 2009
Pages: 392
Genre: YA Fantasy Romance
Rating:

Summary:

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.
Review: This book is beautifully written, and has a wonderfully gripping storyline. I've heard so much about this book, and so I had to get a peice of the action. But... here's the secret: psst. There was very little action. There was a lot of talk of past events, a lot of romance, but not a lot of external conflict. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of internal conflict (after all, will he be able to stay human or not?! Gasp!).

The wonderful thing, though, is that it didn't matter! This book is so fantastically written that it could be about characters watching paint dry and I would be absolutely hooked.

Don't get me wrong! Please! The story isn't boring. Not at all. This book is wonderful. Beautiful. Amazing. I love it. Seriously. That's the point of what I'm saying. :) Kapeesh?



My Amazon Review

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review - I LOVED Shiver - Maggie can REALLY write a great tale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally. I just bought LAMENT and BALLAD, and I'm SO excited to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CRAVE Maggie Steifvater, I got Lament but I still need to get Ballad.
    Little action....not my thing. Should I read it or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading this book. I've been looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirthi, it's not my thing either, but I still liked it. I would definitely reccomend reading it, even if you don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read but I thought it was to similar to Twilight. And I don't mean like with the werewolves thing, I mean like the "she can't live without him and all". I'm sorry usually this is right up my ally but it was just too similar for my taste.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails