*Everwild-- Neal Shusterman

HAPPY DECEMBER!!
The month of Christmas joy and love for all men. *sigh* It's nice. Especially since I've already got all of my christmas shopping done! Hurrah! Now I can just keep buying books for myself! Here's one I bought last month:

Release Date: November 10, 2009
Pages: 256
Genre: YA Paranormal fantasy
Rating:

Summary:

Everlost, the place between life and death, where standing in one place too long will send you to a slow journey into the center of the earth, and a mysterious sky-witch tries to maintain control over the inhabitants, while the "chocolage ogre" tries to help people move on to the light. In this sequel we pick up just a short while after Everlost left off. Follow Mary the Sky Witch, Nick the Chocolate Ogre, and Allie the Outcast, and they discover what it means to be dead, and in some cases: less dead than they thought.
Review: I loved this sequel! As I mentioned in my review of Everlost, I really hoped that this series would become... a... series. Well. I guess I got that wish. :)

However, while Everlost pulled you along with a quick plot and lots of new story elements, this book was very much a bridge book. I've found this is not uncommon with the second book in a trilogy. Rather than going from a beginning to an end, this book went from a beginning, and built up to a satisfying ending for the book itself, but didn't wrap anything up. It has a cliffhanger ending that definitely requires reading the next book.

So, while I definitely reccomend getting this book, know that you can't just stop after you finish it.

Just like pringles.

Tee hee.

3 comments:

  1. Bridge books can be interesting. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy December~
    This sounds like a great read. I liked Unwind from this author ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. You were wishing for fairy tale books a little while ago. Have you read the Sisters Grimm? I think the first book is The Fairy Tale Detectives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails