Why I Love Hot Cocoa, and a New Poll

I love hot cocoa. First off, the word cocoa, doesn't it look cool? It looks like something a wild bird should say, "Co-Coa! Co-Coa!" Plus it has this rich, creamy, awesome taste (when prepared correctly) that makes me melt into a world of pure comfort. Some people are addicted to coffee, but since I don't believe in drinking coffee, cocoa has become my ever present friend. It's my second favorite thing about winter (right after being able to snuggle in my bed), although I drink it even in the summer (ask my family, it's true). It's a wonderful companion to books (if you're careful not to spill), which is what I'm going to use to segway into my next topic:

I am determined to start reading again. Gah! I've only read about 3 books in the last two months, and one of them was required! I just finished Cybele's Secret (Loved it! Review forthcoming), and I'm going to start Everlost. But what should I read after that? I can't decide, so I'm going to let you decide. Please vote for one of the following options in my poll:

Pilage, by Obert Skye
Poison Study, by Someone-who's-name-I-can't-remember, I think it's "Something" Snyder
Or "Other." Suggest a book you think I'll like. I need to get a list going!

Woohoo! I'm bringing back the mojo!

~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

  1. It's been so long since we've seen you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite cocoa mix is Land O' Lakes cocoa... I've wiped out grocery stores when the Land O' Lakes cocoa packets are on sale! And I agree--I can't drink coffee drinks and don't like plain old coffee anyway, but I've loved cocoa since I was a wee one.

    As to a book you should start off with again... I recommend something by Chris Crutcher. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes is one of my faves; Whale Talk is another. Stotan! is one of his most popular, but I haven't read it yet. The Sledding Hill is also fantastic, but it's written for a slightly younger audience than he normally writes for. Deadlines is, I believe, his most recently published book; I haven't read that one yet, either, but am eager to see what someone else thinks of it. (I'm a fan; can you tell?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend other.

    Not everybody likes them (though I personally love them) but the books of Pellinor are really great. I just finished the fourth and final one and positively loved it.

    If those aren't quite your style, then I would recommend Impossible by Nancy Werlin. I just read that one a few weeks ago and found it quite enjoyable. :)

    I have heard good things about Poison Study however.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent site you have here. I run a site similar to yours, and was wondering if you would like to trade links with me?

    You can see my site at http://Jijol.Com . I would give your site a prominent listing on my page, if you would be willing to do the same.

    I enjoyed reading your stuff!

    Link Exchange / Blog Roll Info:
    Title: Jijol.Com - Key To Success - 21 Things You should Know
    URL: http://jijol.com

    Regards,
    Joseph

    The Keys to Success: 21 Things Every Teen Should Know

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails