**Cybele's Secret-- Juliet Marillier


Summary found here

"I absolutely adored this book. Ah! I loved it! I didn’t at first, because it took me almost two weeks to read the first 100 pages, making me find it a little boring. But oh, I was wrong. "


I wrote that over six months ago when I read the prequel to this book, Wildwood Dancing, and I am absolutely thrilled to say that it still stands true for this book.

Yes, it did take me two weeks to get through the first 100 pages. They weren't boring, but I was so busy that I guess I was just slow. Plus, I couldn't see where the story was going, not in a "I'm so confused. What the heck is going on?" way, but in a "Huh. This story is really keeping me wondering and focused. What will happen next?" Then the story picked up and I was into a world of magic, mysteries, murder, and love.

*sigh* Man can Marillier write love stories or what? I honestly couldn't tell you which of her stories pulled on my heartstrings more, but I really want to find a Costi or Stoyan of my own, I can tell you.

There isn't much about the previous story that carries through to this book, but Marillier's magical writing story certainly does.

Pure genius and joy.

~Enna Isilee

6 comments:

  1. So I haven't read this one, or wildwood dancing yet. But they just keep looking better and better. Definitely on the list for after the Cybils madness! Ashley (co-blogger @ everead) liked this one too and reviewed it over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the cover art on this one. Kinuko Craft is amazing.

    Hey, the other comment is from an Alysa too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read this; I enjoyed the first so much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh.

    I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of this book yet! And it sounds so good..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to read this next year. I loved Wildwood Dancing as well as her Sevenwaters and Wolkskin books. So glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my stack of to be read books for the Cybils--I'm saving it for a day when I don't much feel like reading any of the others!

    and I agree with Alyssa that Kinuko Craft rocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails