**Reached-- Ally Condie

Release Date: November 13th, 2012
Genre: Romance, Dystopia
Publisher: Dutton Children's Books
Pages: 512
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Series: Matched #3 (Review of #1, #2)
Summary (Spoilers, highlight to view):
After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.
Blurb: A fantastic book that stays true to the very end.

Review: This book is fantastic. I stays true to what *I* believe is the true purpose of this book, and that is the characters and the way they react to the situations they are put in. This is NOT a plot-driven trilogy. YES, it has an awesome plot, but it comes second to the even more awesome characters. If you don't love the characters, I'm not sure you'll love this book because you aren't on a constant chase across the world with danger at every turn. And if you're expecting answers to all of your questions about the world of the book, you'll probably be disappointed.

Once again, Ally does an amazing job of making me think. We see A LOT more of the Rising in this book, and readers are forced to decide whether or not the Rising is actually good. It's very similar to how the Society looked bad/good (depending on who you are) but wasn't quite so black and white on closer examination. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter in this book, you have to work for it. And I think that's beyond awesome.

Finally, I loved how the relationships shook out. Did everyone end up with who I wanted them to end up with? No. Certainly not. But was every choice made believable? Absolutely. To the very end Ally stayed true to her characters, her story, and her world. I have nothing but undying respect for authors who do that. And respect turns to adoration since I loved the book she stayed true to.

Thank you, Ally! I can't wait to see what you give us next!

Other Reviews:
  • TBA

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012
*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

2 comments:

  1. AAAAHH!!! I'm dying to read this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just ordered my copy, realizing that I hadn't already pre-ordered it. I can't wait to finally read it! Based on all the reviews I've already read, it's bound to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails