**Incarnate-- Jodi Meadows

Release Date: January 31st, 2012
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Sci-fi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 384
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?
Blurb: Amazingly powerful, beautiful, and unputdown-able.

Review: This book is AMAZING! First of all, the premise is so interesting. A world where there are no new people? You're just reincarnated over and over? How cool is that?! Well... cool for a premise. After reading the book I don't think I'd want to live in that world.

But it brings up so many interesting ideas! What would the world be like if it was just made up of the SAME one million people forever? Everyone knows everyone. Everyone is born with the skills they need to survive (if not the physical strength). Would you ever have wars? The people you killed would just come right back. How would you love? Would you love life-by-life, or through lifetimes? And then there's the interesting bit about not always coming back the same gender.

Imagine being tossed into this world. Everyone knows everything, and you know nothing. TERRIFYING, right? I loved watching Ana struggle through this exact issue. How is she supposed to fit in? Everyone thinks in terms of lifetimes, but she might only have one! So how is she supposed to live her one life? Jodi does an amazing job of making both Ana and the reincarnates REAL people. I believed everything they thought, said, and did.

And on top of that THERE ARE DRAGONS. Dragons and sylphs and centaurs and who knows what else! Just when you thought this story couldn't get more interesting! Now, sometimes when books put so much into their storyline you feel like some of it is underdeveloped or just shoved in there for "wow" factor, not with Incarnate. Jumping from reincarnation to dragons was smooth and made perfect sense. By the end I was saying "Of COURSE there would be dragons in this world!"

All in all, an amazingly powerful book that will keep your brain spinning through all 400 pages!

And yes, I will remind you about this one closer to its release date.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

7 comments:

  1. Dragons? We weren't expecting that. Seems like reincarnation would be enough… But Jodi is a sweetheart on her blog, and we've been excited about her book for a long time. Glad to hear that it lives up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read this book. Seems like everyone has gotten it for review! Everyone, but little old me. Lol. It's killing me to read all of the reviews before I get a chance to read the book! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I wanted to love this one. Jodi is my critique partner's critique partner, and I've heard so many great things about her. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something totally original...I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. This sounds amazing! I just got accepted for the eARC on Netgalley, so yay I can read it in the near future! So glad - this is up there on my wishlist, though I'm sure that cover factors in to a lot of that.

    Reincarnation + Dragons? Awesome! Great review, as always Enna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa that is an interesting premise! I've had my eye on this (mostly for the cover) and now I'm really excited for it! It sounds AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes another one that I'm going to read because of you! I hadn't really been interested in, but seeing how much you love it, I guess I'll just have to give it a read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails