Wondrous Strange-- Lesley Livingston

Release Date: 2009
Pages: 336
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
17 year-old Kelley Winslow doesn’t believe in Faeries. Not unless they’re the kind that you find in a theatre, spouting Shakespeare—the kind that Kelley so desperately wishes she could be: onstage, under lights, with a pair of sparkly wings strapped to her shoulders. But as the understudy in a two-bit, hopelessly off-off-Broadway production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, wishing is probably the closest she’s going to get to becoming a Faerie Queen. At least, that’s what she thinks... In this fun, urban fantasy, Kelley's off-stage life suddenly becomes as complicated as one of Shakespeare’s plot twists when a nighttime trip to Central Park holds more than meets the mortal eye
Review: If I had read this book a year ago, I probably would have LOVED it. As it was, I'm getting really sick and tired of urban fantasy (especially SHAKESPEAREAN Urban Fantasy [SUF]).

But, I still gave it a 4 because I did enjoy it. It's probably my favorite of all of these SUFs. The only thing that bothered me was the MINOR swearing, and the romantic interest always saying "My heart."

I know this isn't a very detailed or interesting review, you can find better ones on goodreads. Sorry. I'm begining to realize that if you want to keep up with current YA lit, you can't escape urban fantasy. *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this one but loved the sequel better. Great review XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read much urban fantasy dealing with Shakespeare so this one I just SQUEED about. You gave a pretty fair review, regardless of length. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails