*Dust City-- Robert Paul Weston

Release Date: November 25th, 2010 (Possibly September 30th)
Genre: Twisted Fairy Tale
Rating:

Goodreads Page:
Click here
Summary:
Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?

His son, that’s who.

Ever since his father’s arrest for the murder of Little Red Riding Hood, teen wolf Henry Whelp has kept a low profile in a Home for Wayward Wolves . . . until a murder at the Home leads Henry to believe his father may have been framed. Now, with the help of his kleptomaniac roommate, Jack, and a daring she-wolf named Fiona, Henry will have to venture deep into the heart of Dust City: a rundown, gritty metropolis where fairydust is craved by everyone—and controlled by a dangerous mob of Water Nixies and their crime boss leader, Skinner. Can Henry solve the mystery of his family’s sinister past? Or, like his father before him, is he destined for life as a big bad wolf?
Review: You may have noticed the odd release date. That's cause GoodReads and the ARC said November. But Amazon says September. Which is true? I have no idea. Either way, it's still quite a ways off. But I'm the ONLY person who's reviewed it on GoodReads, so I figured I'd let you know about it now.

This story was so original! Never before have I read a twisted fairy tale like this. Think New York City inhabited by fairy tale creatures. The hominids (human-like creatures) HATE the animalia. I loved exploring this new world and trying to solve what happened to the fairies! There were subtle fairy-tale reference that made the book lover in me smile.

The only reason this wasn't a five-flower book was because of a couple things. 1) Profanity. There was some slight. There wasn't a ton, but it wasn't necessary. 2) Unhappy. I didn't like the ending. It made me sad. But I guess fairy tales often have sad endings.

But these things only brought it down 1/2 a flower. Not a big jump.

I really, really liked it. I've never read anything like it before.

4 comments:

  1. Nice review! Sounds interesting, I'll have to add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! I'm DYING to get my hands on it - I really want to read it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to like it -didn't! It's just too much, Weston is trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and I thought it was very original too. I didn't love it quite as much as you, but I did enjoy it. I'm with you on the profanity and the ending!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails