Fairy Tales to Fall For

As most of you know, I LOVE stories about fairy tales. A few years ago I hosted the "Twisted Fairy Tales" reading challenge and it was so fun! I have a new twisted fairy tale to make you guys aware of.

Have any of you read The Swan Maiden by Heather Tomlinson? I LOVED that book. Which is why I'm excited to announce...

Here's a summary of the story:
Diribani has come to the village well to get water for her family's scant meal of curry and rice. She never expected to meet a goddess there. Yet she is granted a remarkable gift: Flowers and precious jewels drop from her lips whenever she speaks.

It seems only right to Tana that the goddess judged her kind, lovely stepsister worthy of such riches. And when she encounters the goddess, she is not surprised to find herself speaking snakes and toads as a reward.

Blessings and curses are never so clear as they might seem, however. Diribani’s newfound wealth brings her a prince—and an attempt on her life. Tana is chased out of the village because the province's governor fears snakes, yet thousands are dying of a plague spread by rats. As the sisters' fates hang in the balance, each struggles to understand her gift. Will it bring her wisdom, good fortune, love . . . or death?

It takes place in India and sounds really good. I'm excited to get my hands on it on March 30th.
 
Are there other new twisted fairy tales coming out or that recently came out? Or, do you have a classic that's your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I love twisted fairy tales too. That sounds like a really cool book. Gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore fairy tales- thanks for letting us know about this one; love that it's in India!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read both of her books. Thanks for the heads up!

    F.Y.I. - I'm giving away a signed copy of Fablehaven on my blog as soon as I post the contest (today).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! Diamonds and Toads is one of my favorite fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this one before, but the cover looks cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I started that story!! She's plagiarising!! ^_^
    ~ Ëarwen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails