Amazing Books that come out TODAY!

Here's just a reminder on some FAB books that come out today! Click the pictures to go to their respective Amazon pages!


Toads and Diamonds
By Heather Tomlinson 

Diribani has come to the village well to get water for her family's scant meal of curry and rice. She never expected to meet a goddess there. Yet she is granted a remarkable gift: Flowers and precious jewels drop from her lips whenever she speaks.

It seems only right to Tana that the goddess judged her kind, lovely stepsister worthy of such riches. And when she encounters the goddess, she is not surprised to find herself speaking snakes and toads as a reward.

Blessings and curses are never so clear as they might seem, however. Diribani’s newfound wealth brings her a prince—and an attempt on her life. Tana is chased out of the village because the province's governor fears snakes, yet thousands are dying of a plague spread by rats. As the sisters' fates hang in the balance, each struggles to understand her gift. Will it bring her wisdom, good fortune, love . . . or death?
 
Enna Isilee's note: SO excited to get this one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Birthmarked
Caragh M O'Brien
After climate change, on the north shore of Unlake Superior, a dystopian world is divided between those who live inside the wall, and those, like sixteen-year-old midwife Gaia Stone, who live outside. It’s Gaia’s job to “advance” a quota of infants from poverty into the walled Enclave, until the night one agonized mother objects, and Gaia’s parents are arrested.

Badly scarred since childhood, Gaia is a strong, resourceful loner who begins to question her society. As Gaia’s efforts to save her parents take her within the wall, she herself is arrested and imprisoned.

Fraught with difficult moral choices and rich with intricate layers of codes, BIRTHMARKED explores a colorful, cruel, eerily familiar world where one girl can make all the difference, and a real hero makes her own moral code.
Enna Isilee's Review of Birthmarked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? Not like it's all that dangerous - the only neck I risk is my own. Until I accidently start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution. I should have just said no...

Enna Isilee's Note: I got this from my local Barnes and Noble last week(early, I guess). I'm SO excited to read it!

4 comments:

  1. Your B&N may have put the book out before the actual release date. Sometimes they do that, although I have no idea why. Still, lucky you! Inside Out=amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great books! I'm waiting for my copy of Toads and Diamonds to come in the mail, your high praises for it really made me want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I am new around here. I love your blog so far.

    Toads and Diamonds sounds great. I am going to have to look for it at my library. I enjoy books about myths and fantasy.

    Melina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda! Glad to have you.

    Kirthi,

    I'm glad you bought the book! But keep in mind, I haven't actually READ it yet. I'm just assuming. But I'm sure it'll be great. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails