The City of Ember-- Jeanne DuPrau

An entire civilization was moved underground to ensure the survival of the human race. Their supplies are dwindling, the lights are flickering, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to escape.

Really liked this book. Read it in 2.5 hours. Some aspects reminded me a lot of Ayn Rand's Anthem. I thought that the author could have made it a little longer. Some of it was rushed, and the story, though wonderful, could have been more developed.

I'm very tentative to see the movie. I've already seen some errors in just the trailer. Eeps!

~Enna Isilee

1 comment:

  1. We're like exact opposites when it comes to that... I saw the movie, loved it, but haven't yet read the book(s) :) I will say that even though I'm sure the movie wasn't completely accurate to the book, it was beautifully done. Really beautifully done. I definitely suggest you go see it! Even my Dad agreed that it was well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails