Janette Rallison Binge



I recently went on a Janette Rallison Binge and read a bunch of her books. I’m going to review two of them in this post, and then the rest in a later post:

Revenge of the Cheerleaders
-----This is the “sequel” to All’s Fair in Love, War, and High School but it follows a different character. I found this book absolutely delightful. I was expecting certain things to happen and then Woah! Twist! It didn’t happen like I expected. Sometimes this frustrated me but in a good ARGH-I-want-to-find-out-what-happens-next way.

Plus, I was totally able to relate to the main character having an annoying sibling. And I realized that my siblings weren’t as bad as I thought.

Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To-Do List
-----Reason why I loved this one so much was because the main character was an actress, and so am I. I was able to connect to a ton of things throughout the book, and I even learned a bit about acting! ‘Course, the main character wants to be a screen actor and I have no interest in that. But it focuses mainly on a high-school musical (not the Disney one) production and I have a TON of interest in that. Plus it had the same good feeling that all of Rallison’s books produce.

All in all I’ve discovered that whenever I’m in a reading slump, or just a general slump, I pick up a Rallison. They always make me smile.
~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

  1. Would you recommend one of her books as a particularly good first Rallison?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Janette but (gasp) haven't read any of her books yet. I just bookmooched the second one you reviewed (because, for obvious reasons, it intrigued me most) so I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuileann, I would say that All's Fair in Love, War, and High School is a good first Rallison.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails