*Of Poseidon-- Anna Banks

Release Date: May 22nd, 2012
Genre: Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 336
Rating:
Amazon Link*: Click here
Goodreads Page: Click here
Summary:
Galen, a Syrena prince, searches land for a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. It’s while Emma is on vacation at the beach that she meets Galen. Although their connection is immediate and powerful, Galen's not fully convinced that Emma's the one he's been looking for. That is, until a deadly encounter with a shark proves that Emma and her Gift may be the only thing that can save his kingdom. He needs her help--no matter what the risk
Blurb: Not your typical insta-love!

Review: There was one line of this summary that made me nervous. Can you guess which one it is? You probably can, but I'll tell you anyway. "their connection is immediate and powerful." Uh-oh. Insta-love warning! And you know what, there was insta-love, but what made this book so unique was that the characters fought it, and I don't mean like they ran away from each other (thought that happened a little at first). I mean they tried not to be stupid and fall in love without knowing each other. They allowed themselves to be just friends and their relationship blossomed into something real. That was so refreshing! And it made a romance that I actually liked. Yes. You heard me. I actually liked the romance in this book.

Another awesome thing about this book, it begins with a BANG! Within the first few pages something EXTREMELY dramatic happens that sucked me in from the get-go. Granted, it doesn't keep up this racing pace for long. Most of the book is very calm and leisurely, and is more character driven than plot driven. But that doesn't make it bad, because the characters were great!

We had the sassy sister, the goofy friend, and a motley assortment of human-helpers. I loved every single one. Seriously. There wasn't a character I didn't like. That's so rare in a book!

HOWEVER, you may have noticed that I only gave it 4.5 stars. Again, that half-a star eludes me! Why? The "twist" was SO easy to guess. I guessed within the first 100 pages, was positive by 200, and it was confirmed by 300. It was still a good twist, and I'm really curious to see where it goes from here, but I like to feel a little more surprised by things while I'm reading.

But still, that's only a deficit of .5 stars. That's nothing. This book is still GREAT addition to the paranormal romance category because it stands out. It's not like all those others floating out there (and the two love interests are actually similar enough in terms of species to MAKE SENSE).

End of story? I thought it was fab.

Remember that I'm giving away a copy! Click here to enter!

Other Reviews:

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012
*I am an amazon affiliate. If you purchase this book using my link, I will get a tiny fraction of the purchase, which goes toward contests.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but good things about this book!! I'm soooooo want to read it! Especially before June 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another book that I NEED to have on my shelf. I've heard 100% positive things about it, so it's totally going to end up there one of these days.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review!! I actually just got this in the mail today! I still have a few review books to get through, and then there's the TBR pile! All filled with books I am dying to read!

    Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent five hours in B&N reading the whole book. I was so romanced by it. One of the best books I have read in awhile. I can't say enough good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So interesting and riviting to me. Love it, cannot wait for the next book. Looking forward to anything new from this author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails