Hush, Hush-- Becca Fitzpatrick

Release Date: October 13, 2009
Pages: 391
Genre: Dark Fiction
Rating:

Official Website:
Click here
Summary:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
Review: This book was.... okay. I wasn't as much in love with it as everyone else, and it wasn't until I was done that I realized why.

This book follows the Twilight plot structure almost to the T.

Was I the only one who noticed that? Now, I don't know if the author did that on purpose. If she did, good for her! Her writing is very eloquent and gripping. It was a fun parallel to the Twilight books. However... part of me wonders if she didn't do that on purpose. If that's the case, then I cringe a little.

I know bringing up Steph Meyer's books leads to contention so I'll wrap this up with this:

If you like Twilight you'll LOVE Hush, Hush. If you DIDN'T like Twilight you'll probably still like Hush, Hush because it is very well written. But, like me, you may not love it.

9 comments:

  1. No, I noticed the same thing but I didn't hate Patch as much as Edward. And I did like Hush, Hush more because it is well written but I wish it had been more original.

    It's a guilty pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right--Hush, Hush has a similar plot to Twilight. And I've been noticing that for a lot of other paranormal romance books as well. It's like a formula authors plug in: normal girl meets [insert paranormal creature] OMG HAWT boy who originally isn't very nice to her but by the end of the book they're in love for no reason. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but this book followed it even closer than that! I don't want to say the specific points 'cause I don't want to give anything away, don't cha know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the insight. I'm not sure if I want to read it or not now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Hush, Hush more. Bella is really obsessive with Edward, Nora isn't. She also resist him a lot, Bella doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also agree with that. Hush, Hush is definitely better. I wish it had been written before TWILIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished reading Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and I absolutely loved it! Could anyone suggest any other book similar to it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, it is very similar to Twilight but I really don't mind that. Anything with an angel can only be a good thing. Just so long as in the next book there isn't a werewolf trying to come between them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails