Bookshelf Meme

Thanks to Miss Erin, who tagged me!

Tell me about the book that has been on your shelf the longest...

Oh. Wow. I dunno. Some of these books just seem like they’ve been there forever. One book that isn’t actually on my shelf (it’s on my younger siblings’ shelf) is A Bargain for Francis. It’s one of my dearest and oldest friends.

Tell me about a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (i.e. a person, a place, a time, etc.)...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Ya see, I didn’t have many “bookish” friends growing up. In fact, I only really had one, and we LOVED Harry Potter. I remember conversations that lasted HOURS after finishing tOotP. We thought of every possible conspiracy.

Tell me about a book you acquired in some interesting way (gift, serendipity in a used book store, prize, etc.)...

Oh… I’d have to say Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. It was the first ARC I ever received, and it’s what inspired me to start Squeaky Books

Tell me about the most recent addition to your shelves...

Well…. I have three books currently en route from Amazon: Princess at the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George, Just One Wish by Janette Rallison, and Bloodhound by Tamora Peirce.

Tell me about a book that has been with you to the most places...

I’m actually EXTREMELY paranoid about taking my books ANYWHERE. I always check library books out and take them places rather than taking my own books anywhere. Heh. However, I did let my aunt borrow The Lost City of Faar, which she took to Europe.

Tell me about a bonus book that doesn't fit any of the above questions...

Well… I only own 2 nonfiction books: What’s Math Got to Do With it? By Jo Boaler. A FASCINATING book all about different mathematics teaching methods, and Freakonomics, which is just full of so many fun facts.

There you have it. A brief overview of my bookshelf.

I tag… Leigha, Nerd Goddess, and Priya

2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT to read Bloodhound!!! I loved the first one and I bet this new one will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bargain for Frances! I've had that one forever, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails