*Graceling-- Kristin Cashore

This book was delightful fantasy. I found it completely original and fascinating. I loved the characters, I loved the story, and I loved the adventure. I was wrapped up completely. Completely.

However, I am naming it only a "semi-squeaky book" for two reasons:

1. I felt that the story was a little lost. I recognize that the characters themselves felt lost throughout the book, but it just didn't feel as strong as it could be.

2. The main character, Katsa, doesn't like the idea of marriage. I really hoped that she'd come around to the idea... but she didn't. I'm not sure what I think of that. It wasn't bad, just... not what I expected. I know that some people really think that, and that's fine. I fully respect everyone's opinion to have an opinion. My opinion, however, did not fit Katsa's.

That's it. Other than that it was a wonderful book. I loved the idea of the graces. Fascinating. Completely.
~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand why the marriage thing bugged you, but I think it was supposed to be carrying on the theme of feminism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes. Most definitely a feminist thing going on in this book. I dunno if it was intentional, but it was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on both accounts.
    But I will MOST DEFINITELY be reading the author's future books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely looking forward to her next book. I kept hoping they would end up together, too, but I guess I understood the marriage thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails