Sing Fright

So, here’s the situation I’m in currently: I don’t get stage fright, but I also never perform in musicals because, while I love singing, I’m terrified to do it in front of people. The play I’m currently in, though not a musical, has me signing THREE TIMES. Two of those times I’m singing a solo! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I had my first rehearsal a week ago where I have to sing “Rock of Ages.” I don’t even have to sing it well, I just have to sing it. The director told me to start, and I completely froze up. I just stood on the stage with my mouth open, and nothing came out. AHHHHHHHH! It was so awkward. This is one of those fears that freezes your blood, and you just can’t seem to fight through it. Though I have to fight through it, I don’t have any other choice.

*whimper*

~Enna Isilee

8 comments:

  1. My suggestion is to get more practice. I used to be terrified too, but it's gotten better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. That sounds horrid. It'll be fine when it actually counts, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so understanding. I have been singing--in musicals and other venues--since I was six years old and I wish I knew how to overcome the jitters since my rehearsals are always better than my performances because of it. Focusing on deep breathing helps, but not completely. I'll be wishing you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to pretend that I'm alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds scary. I've never done that before, but one trick that helps me when I'm onstage for something (like speeches for school) is to pretend the people in the audience are all statues. :D

    BTW, what musical are you doing next?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, sorry; I meant what PLAY are you doing next? :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right now I'm in The Diviners but soon I'll be directing a play. It's a secret.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to miss your play and I can't stand it. I hope "the man" gets a great video so I can see it after the fact!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails