**Poison Study-- Maria V. Snyder


Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison…
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear…


I really liked this book (though I thought it had slightly too much unnecessary swearing, but it very minimal), I found Yelena to be a very interesting character, and I liked the love story. I’m planning on buying the next two.

~Enna Isilee

4 comments:

  1. This is definitely a great series. I don't think you'll be disappointed by the next two books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What made you decide to read this one? It does have a very pretty cover, and I love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw on GoodReads (www.goodreads.com) that one of my friends was reading it. She said, "This is exactly my kind of book," and I really like this person's recommendations, so I read the summary and it sounded really interesting. I looked it up, and my library had it, so I checked it out and DEVOURED it. Unfortunately, my library didn't have the next two, so I've had to buy them. I'm actually waiting for Fire Study to come any day, now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved these books ^_^ And they just get better... Though unfortunately she introduces a new cast of characters around Yelena and we don't get to see some of my favorite characters nearly as much ;_;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails