Top 10 of '13

I may have only read 46 books in 2013, but that isn't going to stop me from making a top 10 list! No sir-ee! So here we go, my top 10 books of 2013:

#10 Mind Games, by Kiersten White
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
This book was short and sweet, like a TV episode vs a movie. And it was a delightful read. I am still eagerly awaiting the sequel.

#9 The Looking Glass Wars, by Frank Beddor
GoodReads | Amazon*
I know I'm late to the party when it comes to this series, but I still really enjoyed it! Beddor has a great way with wordplay and storytelling.

#8 The Fury, by Alexander Gordon Smith
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
I still have nightmares about this one, guys. Even though it was HUGE, and I'm still not entirely sure what happened, I remember whipping through this book like it was a race. I almost literally devoured it. Almost. ;)

#7 Ever After High, by Shannon Hale
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
I might have surprised myself with how much I liked this book. I just... I just really liked it! It made me feel happy!
#6 What's Left of Me, by Kat Zhang
GoodReads | Amazon*
I really admired this book for how many things it got me to think about, and I'm talking deep things. Although I feel like the plot got a little fuzzy/boring in book #2, I still think this book is AWESOME, and I can't wait for book #3.
#5 The 5th Wave, Rick Yancey
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
THIS is aliens done right. It's been almost a year since I read this, and I can STILL clearly recall some of the story elements, as well as the emotions I felt while reading. LOVED IT! And the sequel cannot come out soon enough!
#4 Asunder, by Jodi Meadows
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
AH! I still love this series. I absolutely cannot wait for the third book to come out (less than a month away!!!), and I still think Jodi is a master storycrafter. How does she manage to fit all those awesome plot elements into ONE BOOK?!
#3 Transparent, by Natalie Whipple
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
Okay, I technically read this in 2012, but so late in the year that I'm counting it as 2013. This book was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome. Like... I think I need to re-read it. Right now. See ya later. (Psst. Read review for more coherent explanations of awesome-ness)
#2 Pivot Point, by Kasie West
GoodReads | Amazon* | My Review
This book BLEW MY MIND. It was a tough call to put this in 2nd place, it almost got 1st. It's that awesome. I just... my feels went on a crazy trip in this book. And it was so mind-bendy! I am a little afraid that the second book won't be as awesome because it will rely on the same thing that made the first book awesome (the split timelines), but I still have high hopes!
#1 Cress, by Marissa Meyer
GoodReads | Amazon*
Whoa. Whoa, you guys. Whoa. I usually try to avoid putting not-released books on this list (notice a lack of Dangerous? That's intentional. I thought it would be mean. ;) ) but since this one is part of a series that's already awesome, I figured I'd just put it out here anyway because I think this is my favorite book of the series. I'm sorry to be mean and say that when it's still got a while before it comes out, but... whoa, guys. Just whoa.

But, to be entirely honest, 2013 was not a great year for reading for me. Not only did I not read very many books, but when I went to make my top 10... there were only 10 books I was even considering putting in. Usually I have to stress forEVER over the order and which ones to give up. This time it took me about 5 seconds.

So I NEED YOUR HELP! What were the great books of the year for you? What did I miss? Because I definitely feel like I wasn't as involved in the book community this year, and I'm SURE that some awesome books slipped past my radar. So help me! Please?


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2013

4 comments:

  1. Great list of books! Pivot Point and What's Left of Me are high on my tbr for 2014, hopefully I will enjoy them as much as you! I really need to get my hands on The 5th Wave as well, I have yet to hear a bad thing about it! :) Happy reading ing 2014!

    My top books of 2013 post is scheduled for the 1st!

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Transparent and Mind Games on this list and I liked them both very much. I'm excited for the sequels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONLY 46? That's a ton! Love your list. We read and enjoyed a lot of these too.

    Here's our list: http://www.weheartya.com/2013/12/2014-books-we-cant-wait-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever After High made my list of favorite books too! Transparent is one that I want to read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails