2013: The world didn't end, so I'd better make some goals

Before I get to my 2013 goals, let's see how we did with my 2012 goals:

Reading Goals
Read 75 books OR Read 27,000 pages
Textbooks DO NOT COUNT!
Read EVERY night (No more late night TV!) 

Oh. I failed both of these miserably. I only read 47.5 books.
Blog Goals
Learn different ways of following for when GFC becomes obsolete So... it didn't really go away. So nevermind!
Consider installing a new comment system. I installed threaded comments. so that counts!
Create a more detailed review policy. Done!
Create a privacy policy. Done!
Create a contest policy. Done!
Post at least 2-3 times a week. With a few exceptions, done!
Have all possible contests be open internationally. Done!
Host another multi-blog massive giveaway. Unfortunately, life got in the way of this. Maybe this year.
Host another read-a-thon. Ha. I hosted it. But I failed at it.
Write reviews within 1 week of reading the book. FAIL.
Blogger Goals
CLEAN OUT GOOGLE READER. Done!
COMMENT MORE. Comment on at least 3 blogs a week. Fail.
Personal Goals
Write in journal at least once a week. It wasn't quite once a week, but it was A LOT more than usual. So I call this a success.
Go on a date. Um... well... this is an embarrassing fail.
Go to gym three times a month. Not quite. Could do better on this.
Move into new apartment/condo. Done! And I love it!
Consider doing private tutoring math over the summer/next fall. Doing it now! It's been great!
Go to sleep before midnight! I was very good at this until I met my new friends. Now it takes more self control. But I still consider it a success.

2013 Goals:

Reading Goals:
  • Read 50 books OR Read 17,500 pages
  • Textbooks DO NOT COUNT!
Blog Goals:
  • Post at least 2-3 times a week
  • Host a multi-blog massive giveaway
  • Host AND PARTICIPATE in another read-a-thon
  • Write reviews within 1 week of reading the book (48 hours didn't do it for me last year, so maybe 1 week?)
Personal Goals:
  • Win the costume contest! This cyborg arm better pay off.
  • Learn French enough to have basic conversations with one of my best friends (who speaks English, but speaking French together would be so much more fun.)
  • Go on a date. If at first you don't succeed...
  • Continue to write in journal
  • Write 20,000 words. Either fan-fiction or original. I'm not going to be picky anymore.
  • Think of more goals!

I think that'll do for now!

All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

6 comments:

  1. See? You have goals. Good ones! Good luck--interested to hear about the date. You'll have to share the details in French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I went on maybe four dates before I dated Dillon, now my husband. Two of those I asked. One my sister set me up. And the one I actually got asked out on, the guy told me I was basically his last choice and brought along his cousin.

    I asked Dillon out via text message because I didn't have the guts to call or talk to him in person.

    So don't ask me how to get a date, but it's a good goal anyway.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals for this year! I've found that if I don't write my review immediately it just gets harder, so I like your one week deadline. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on a first date too last year and I called it epic fail. haha maybe better this year :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should do NaNoWriMo in November! I wrote 50,000 words and it was actually really fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails