In case you didn't hear me the first time...

I don't often do this. In fact, I can't think of a time I have EVER done this, but I want to re-highlight a book.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

I read this book back in May and in my review I said it was a masterpiece. I want to repeat that IT IS A MASTERPIECE.

Don't believe me? Well, it's now been 5 months since I read it, but tonight I met the author and as soon as she said hello to me I unexpectedly BURST INTO TEARS and began to blubber about how "It's one of the best books I've ever read. I never thought I'd ever get to meet you." Then she stood up and hugged me. I seriously wasn't feeling emotional at all until she spoke to me and then all the emotions I felt while reading this book came RUSHING back. GAH! It is SOOOO good! Don't let the phonetic writing or lack of quotation marks throw you off. Please. Give it a chance.

Here are links for you:


And here's the picture of me and Moira. Edited, of course, to hide my face.


(many thanks to Diana for taking this picture for me!)


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2011

13 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to read this now. Wow, so many of you all loved it so much! And wait? This looks like a "normal" picture! I guess you get to have an unedited copy for your personal files? :) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Suey, I usually take "normal" pictures when I know I'm the only one who will be able to distribute it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOL nice picture babe~

    Anyhoo, I REALLY want this book. Whenever I pass by a bookstore, it calls out to me to buy it! It's so painful. I keep reading so many wonderful things about it...I really need to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, you WIN lol ;D
    Making sure this is near the top of my want/wish/beg list for Christmas!!! Thanks for such a heartfelt recommendation :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read this soon its on my shelf too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, what? That's not what you look like Enna?! I'm SO confused! Everything I've ever though is a LIE...

    Ahem (It's 1am, I just finished a Wow book and I'm tired :P)

    BUT I did love this post! I very rarely comment on author signing type posts, but this one is most awesome! I loved this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was only able to get to this book recently - I reviewed it on Monday.. oh my gosh, I wasn't crazy about it! I did like it, but it wasn't one of my favs. I think my expectations were just really blown out of proportion. :P It's really cool you got to meet the author! I've read some interviews with her and she seems pretty interesting.
    :) Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is on my tbr list ..I'm gettin' there ..thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really have a deep desire to get this book. I can't wait!!

    Mad Scientist

    http://madsteampunkery.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more, and I only listened to the audiobook of Blood Red Road, this book is phenomenal.

    Definitely on of the best books of the year for me.

    Kinda jealous that you got to meet Moira Young, but definitely happy for you as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! I bet you made her MONTH! Just found you on Goodreads, I'll friend you there soon. :) Cute pic, although the book over the face kinda made me snort!

    Oh, PS, I am giving away a Kindle in a few days, if you or your friends are interested. Nice to "meet" you. :)

    RT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, okay! I will pick up the book!! I was just over at Heather's blog and wondered why she didn't retake the group photo when one of the girls' face was covered with books?!?! Oh yeah! Because it's YOU!! Clever girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it the BESTEST book ever!? Seriously, I totally agree. You're so lucky to get to meet Moira Young!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails