Wings-- Aprilynne Pike


Aprilynne Pike's WINGS is the first of four books about an ordinary girl named Laurel who discovers she is a faerie sent among humans to guard the gateway to Avalon. When Laurel is thrust into the midst of a centuries-old battle between faeries and trolls, she's torn between a human and a faerie love, as well as her loyalties to both worlds.

Good things about this book:

Light, easy story

Fun concept

New views
However, all of these things have a flipside:

Not-so-good things about this book:

The author tries to COMPLETELY re-write faerie lore. It would be okay if she tried to create a new species of faerie, but not completely recreate faeries.

The love interests were… confusing. You weren’t sure who you were rooting for, or who the main character was rooting for.

It’s a bit juvenile. So… don’t go looking for anything too deep.



I’ll keep an eye out for the sequels, but I probably won’t buy them.

~Enna Isilee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I think I'll pass on this book. It doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun concept, and a light read. I might read it later this summer when I'm looking for something easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails