Mr. Darcy's Diary-- Amanda Grange


It’s Mr. Darcy’s turn to tell his side of the story.


LOVED THIS BOOK! Go read it now if you like P&P.


I was afraid, since I had just barely read P&P, that I wouldn’t agree with Ms. Grange on what she thought Darcy was thinking but I do! (Not all of you will probably, so don’t shoot me)


It was great to see through Darcy’s eyes, I fell in love with him even more. A lot of people are very shrewd when it comes to Austen “sequels” but I think this one is great. You can totally see how perfect he is for Elizabeth. In all honesty after I read P&P I wasn’t in love with Darcy (at least, not as much as I was with Firth) but after Mr. Darcy’s Diary I’m swooning. Completely swooning.


The other characters were also very well developed. I loved seeing how truly wicked Caroline Bingley is and how sweet Georgianna is.


SLIGHT P&P SPOILAGE (though you all should know this)


A little warning, Ms. Grange takes the liberty of going a couple months after Elizabeth and Darcy are married. I know that this might bug some of you because it’s not actually in the original P&P, but I found it absolutely delightful. Positively charming!


*happy sigh*


~Enna Isilee


Um... I'm not really sure what's coming soon. It could be Spellspam, Freakonomics, The Sea of Trolls, or The Land of the Silver Apples. Let ya know soon.

18 comments:

  1. Please not Freakonomics. I might scream. But I guess if you really are intent on doing a review, I can't stop you... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not Freakonomics? I find it facinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad experiences. *shudders*

    Don't ask.

    I find it amusing to try to pronounce the word verifications...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really want to read this now : ) I loved Pride and Prejudice...(I've been wanting to read that again, too) - I should convince someone to build a Borders here or something (*sobs*)...oh well - my list of "wanted" books is growing almost everyday - and when I have the chance, I will indulge myself heartily at the first sight of a bookstore :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Bohae. I'll send you some for your birthday or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha thanks :-) But I am sad to say that my bday is farfarfar off from this day...and by then, I believe I will die away from the lack of new and abundant books that I am so used to having in my reach ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Bohae... I know how you feel. And I have a B&N I can walk to. Alas, I have no money to spend at said B&N.

    What is that dragon on the sidebar, Enna Isilee, and what do the numbers mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well then I'll have to make up some holiday to send you some books.

    The dragon is a counter. I used them before in my HTML days but had forgotten about them until I saw one on Celes' blog. The numbers say how many people have looked at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *smiles* ^^ yes, i am in the same situation as *g* - for I have no money to speak of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOps!! I just realized: it's not "g" -- it's "q" *hides sheepishly*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't worry, Bohae. I've been called O before too. I wish it would go capital. Lowercase Qs just aren't very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. U love him more now? Is that possible? ;) J/k, Enilee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Q: yep, some lower case letters aren't very awesome :) I can never draw a block letter of "e" hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't draw block letters at all. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Enna Isilee: Just wanted you to know I am still reading your blog and I might be able to PM people on LRRH after my brithday! :D - Dasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. you'd scoop EVERYONE if you did "Spellspam"...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unfortunately I found Spellspam too hard to understand without reading the previous book, so I stopped reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails