Percy Jackson and the Olympians-- Rick Riordan


Percy Jackson isn’t a normal kid. He’s dyslexic, has ADHD, and can’t seem to stay in school. Year after year he’s been expelled, his poor mother doesn’t know what to do and his idiotic stepfather doesn’t care. But when Percy discovers that he can see monsteres and be begins to wonder over the identity of his birth father, his whole life changes…

I read the first two in this series, The Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters and they were both great! Perfectly delightful reads. It’s fascinating to see ancient Greek legends from a modern standpoint. The characters are very intriguing and the plot is fascinating. A definite page turner.

They’re simpler books; I read both of them in about two days. But I definitely recommend them. I can’t wait to get my hands on the third book in the series The Titan’s Curse which came out earlier this year, and then the fourth book comes out spring 2008. Can’t remember the title, something about a labyrinth…

~Enna Isilee

Coming soon, a review on Fairest by Gail Carson Levine, and after that a review on Mr. Darcy’s Diary by Amanda Grange.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard these are really good but in typical Anilee fashion, I'm too afraid to venture into the independent readers' section to get them.

    I love how you tell us what your next review will be. I love knowing what to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book! I just finished The Sea of Monsters today and The Lightning Thief yesterday. So good. I add my reccomendation to Enna Isilee's. I need to find that other book.

    I really enjoyed Fairest when I read it.

    I also like this blog because then I have books to look for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails