This World We Live In-- Susan Beth Pfeffer

Release Date: April 1, 2010
Pages: 239
Genre: Apocalyptic
Rating:

Official Website:
Click here
Summary:
It's been a year since a meteor collided with the moon, catastrophically altering the earth's climate. For Miranda Evans, life as she knew it no longer exists. Her friends and neighbors are dead, the landscape is frozen, and food is increasingly scarce.

The struggle to survive intensifies when Miranda's father and stepmother arrive with a baby and three strangers in tow. One of the newcomers is Alex Morales, and as Miranda's complicated feelings for him turn to love, his plans for his future thwart their relationship. Then a devastating tornado hits the town of Howell, and Miranda makes a decision that will change their lives forever.
Review: I thought Life As We Knew It was AMAZING, and I hated The Dead and the Gone. So I was really curious as to how This World We Live In would turn out.

This book is more like LAWKI than TDAG, but just doesn't match it. The story seemed really, really rushed. Only 236 pages! I read it one day! The abrupt plot and character changes just gave me the feeling that the author wanted to get the story over with. That's not nice to your readers. People read your book so that they can experience your story. Hurrying through the plot robs them of this.

All in all, I thought it was a good story (despite the fact that it was rushed). And it's pretty clearly the end of the series (just going by what the main character says at the end), but the ending was SO LAME! It wasn't even really an ending. LAWKI ended with hope, TDAG ended with grief, but this book ended with... nothing. At all. It just ended. Really, it was like she just decided, "And, I'm done."

Read it if you've read LAWKI or TDAG and want to know what happens, but if you're new to this series I'd read just Life as We Knew It.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad that it doesn't sound as good as The World We Live In! I wonder if I'll like it when I read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails