The Light (Morpheus Road #1)-- DJ MacHale

Release Date: April 20, 2010
Pages: 352
Genre: Horror
Rating:

Official Website:
Click here
Summary:
Marshall Seaver is being haunted. In the first installment of this chillingly compelling trilogy, sixteen-year-old Marshall discovers that something beyond our world is after him. The eerie clues pile up quickly, and when people start dying, it’s clear whatever this isit’s huge.

Marshall has no idea what’s happening to him, but he’s soon convinced that it has something to do with his best friend Cooper, who’s been missing for over a week. Together with Coop’s sister, Marsh searches for the truth about what happened to his friend, ultimately uncovering something bigger than he could ever have imagined.
Review: CREEEEPY! Seriously. I have had nightmares related to this book since I finished it. Not wake-up-in-a-cold-sweat nightmares, but close.

I grew up loving DJ MacHale's Pendragon series, and this book is very similar (there are also some weird parallels), and so I really did enjoy it. Great story. I really wanted to know what happened next.

However, I feel like it was just one big prologue. In the Pendragon series, you get sucked into another world almost immediately. In this book... nothing happened. I kept expecting him to travel into the paranormal world. He never did. I assume he will sometime in the future, but as it was it felt like this story couldn't decide whether it was a realistic horror story, or a ghost story.

That doesn't mean I didn't like it. In fact, it just means that I'll definitely read the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Um..interesting. It's almost like it's setting up for the sequel. Nice review:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now that one sounds too scary for me. Nice review though.

    Melina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails