Books Of Bayern-- Shannon Hale

Sorry I haven’t posted in forever but I’m back. I haven’t head time to read that much but I have read a few books. Here’s the first post. I’ll probably post about once a day after this one until I’ve reviewed all the books I’ve read.

Now don’t try to deny that the Bayern books aren’t amazing, because they are. And if you haven’t read them do so now. Shannon Hale’s language is just absolutely amazing. I’d have to say that my favorite out of the three is Enna Burning but they’re all so fabulous. Hale is also working on the fourth in the series, though she says that it is coming very slowly.

In this series there are three books, beginning with The Goose Girl, Hale’s first novel, which tells of a princess, Anidori-Kiladra Talianna Isilee, or Ani, who travels to another country to marry a prince she knows nothing about. But on the way her horrible lady-in-waiting Selia forces her to flee when half the princesses guard turns against her and the other half is killed. The Goose Girl is the story of her finding herself, magic, love, and her place in this world.

Next is Enna Burning which follows the story of Enna, Ani’s friend. Enna’s brother Leifer has been acting strangely and Enna soon discovers what is wrong but doesn’t know what to do. The country is going to war and her brother eagerly accepts the call to arms. Enna wants to help him, to help Bayern, but can she stay above the influence of fire and deception?

Finally there is the newest installment in the series, River Secrets. Razo is a joker. He’s short, sassy, an all around trouble-maker, and a horrible fighter. But when he’s sent with the party to negotiate peace he soon finds that maybe he’s not so useless. Maybe he can make a difference. And maybe he can find a girl along the way.

Okay. So my summaries really stink. But I tried to make them spoiler free and that’s not so easy to do okay? Heh. Well there you are. The amazing, wonderful, fantastic Bayern books by Shannon Hale.

~Enna Isilee

15 comments:

  1. I love Shannon Hale's works - they're simply captivating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am not even finished with Goose Girl yet, but it is already one of my favorite books. I think my favorite characters are Isi and Razo. Your summaries were great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my 3rd favorite series. The books are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are probably the best books i have ever read. i just got done with River Secrets and Enna Burning. they are such good books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi my name is haley hall i live in utah [same as you] im 12 yrs old and i have a cleff lip so i havent got many friends but i enjoy reading very much i love your books im trying to read them all but i cant put more than 2 books on hold at a time at the local library but i just wanted you to know i love your books and you inspire me ive always loved to read your books ive read princess academy,book of a thosand days,repunzals refenge,and the goose girl im still waiting for enna burning well i should get off now its nearly 9:30 bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read all The Goose Girl,Enna Burning n River Secrets. I like Finn(4 boy) n Enna(4 girl) the most. A perfect pair, huh? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon hale rules I just read The Goose girl and Enna burning

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to read river secrets

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these books! Can't put them down!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished reading The goose girl. IT WAS SOOO GOOD!!!! It is a book that you cannot put down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agree with you until you say Enna Burning is the best, because personally I think The Goose Girl is the best.But this is my second favorite series. First is Harry Potter, of course. I am absolutely in love with the works of both Shannon Hale and J.K. Rowling. Another of my favorite Shannon Hale books is Princess Academy. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enna Burning is my favorite because I relate much more to Enna. Isi is too sweet to be me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You Rock Shannon! Write More! And More! Enna is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't forget Forest Born! I believe it's the last book of the series. It's about Rin, who is Razo's sister. She has lived her entire life in the forest at peace with the trees, but after certain events happen that leave her troubled, she decides to go with Razo to the castle (Isi's). Then suddenly a fire breaks out in the hotel where the king, Geric, is staying. Rin is sent to investigate, along with the three other girls (from the books before).

    I sort of read these out of order, as I read Forest Born first. I just read Goose Girl (in about 2 hours - whoops), and I'm planning on reading Enna Burning and River of Secrets next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails