In which I officially announce my retirement... because I'm beginning my career

Okay, this shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. It's not coming as a shock to me. I've been in semi-denial for the last year, thinking that I was just going through a blogging slump. But the truth is, it's not a slump. I'm done. And it's a good kind of done. I accomplished all the goals I wanted in blogging. I made new friends, new connections, and read a lot of great books.

I AM NOT GOING TO STOP READING OR REVIEWING

I am going to continue to review books, however it will exclusively be on GoodReads and Amazon now. I haven't been writing reviews either of those places recently because I've been thinking "Oh. I should review those on my blog." And that's silly. Because I don't end up doing EITHER.

I'm currently going through a culling of my GoodReads friends; so if I don't recognize your name you're probably gonna be gone soon. If you'd still like to see my reviews, I'd recommend "following" me on GoodReads instead of "friending." (The event invitations and book recommendations are just becoming too much!)

I thought I would be really sad when my blogging finally came to an end, but like I said: I've gotten everything I wanted out of blogging. My life is in a really great spot right now. Many people quit blogging because they are crazy busy, and I guess I'm busy, but I'm busy with stuff that I LOVE. Two weeks from today I start my first day teaching high school, something I've wanted for over ten years. I'm preparing to enter a world-wide cosplay competition. And I'm surrounded by great friends.

Life is good, friends. Life is good.

So even though I won't be on blogger anymore (except maybe sporadically? I dunno). I will still be on Twitter and GoodReads. So I hope we can stay in touch. Maybe I'll even share my FaceBook cosplay page with y'all some day. If I'm feeling brave. ;)

Keep reading, my friends! You're the best!


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2014

9 comments:

  1. Enna, While I will be saddened to see you leave blogging behind, I am excited that you are going on a high note to a career you've been looking forward to for some time.

    Your mention of competing in a world-wide cosplay competition reminds me that I still have yet to actually finish making my first cosplay. =)

    All the best to you in the new venture...and in EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will miss your blog, but look forward to seeing your reviews on Goodreads. Congratulations on the job and good luck with your first year of teaching. You will learn so much that first year. Enjoy and remember to make time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad! I'll miss you! Will you be blogging about your cosplaying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not here. Though I will keep posting to my cosplay Facebook page and I have considered making a cosplay blog.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to see you leave the blogosphere, but glad that you're not retiring from the book world entirely. And congrats on teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you all the best for your career. It is hard to work and blog (I know), so I appreciate the honesty of your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I only saw this post today :( I hope you do well in your career and everything in life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails