Audio Review: Elantris

Author: Brandon Sanderson
Narrator: Jack Garrett
Genre: High Fantasy
Producer: Recorded Books
Story Rating:
 
Audio Rating:
 

Story Review: So... I wasn't a huge fan of this story. And the more that I think about it the more holes I find. I've had an irrational "thing" against Brandon Sanderson for a while, though. So I don't know if my word is trustworthy in this case.

But in the end I found the story nice, but the novel not so much. That's why I'm glad I listened to it as an audiobook. The great narration almost made up for the not-as-good writing. And although I was very interested to know what would happen in the story, it was the "I almost want to just go read a synopsis" kind of interested. Not "I'm cherishing every word." Because honestly, there were just too many things that annoyed me. (like if he said "Kolo" ONE MORE TIME I was gonna smack somebody)

Audio Review: On the other hand, the audio was great! I thought Garrett did an awesome job portraying all the many different voices, male and female, and making it clear who was talking even when the novel wasn't super clear. I also liked that this was a LONG audiobook. Now that I listen to audiobooks as I drive to and from work (so at least an hour a day, and more if I decide to clean my apartment) I like having a book that can stay with me for a while.



All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2014

1 comment:

  1. The only book I read by Brandon Sanderson was Steelheart and I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorite books now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails