Life of Pi Movie


Now, I absolutely ADORE Life of Pi. It is one of the only books I read for a high school English class that I actually liked, let alone loved. So I have abosolutely no shame in sharing how I feel about this movie:

It ticks me off.

The whole point of this book is that YOU CAN'T SEE IT. You have to READ it.

There's no way they're going to be able to do it justice. The ending will come off as cheap hollywood tricks instead of the beautiful story it really is.

Any other Life of Pi lovers/haters out there? How do you feel about them making a movie?


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I can't wait to see the movie. Life of Pi is one of my all-time favorite books and probably the one I push the most onto my friends. But...I'm doubtful that the movie can live up to the book. The director and cinematography would have to be absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actaully, I couldn't get through the book so I'm looking forward to the movie. I will try and read it but I don't think there is any book that can't be seen. Will they ruin? Maybe? We'll have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. We haven't read the book yet, but it's on our list. With that said, the movie *looks* pretty incredible based on that trailer... but you're not the only LIFE OF PI lover who has expressed concern. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was strange too. I don't want to spoil the ending or anything, but I am curious about how they are going to pull that off. The whole intriguing thing about the book is the twist in the end, and I'm not sure how they'll pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the novel, and I'll be so angry if the ending is compromised. But, like the others, how is it going to happen on the screen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm nervous about it, but I'll give it a chance. The trailer looks beautiful at any rate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails