Audio Review: The Books of Bayern


Author: Shannon Hale
Narrator: Full Cast
Genre: Fantasy
Producer: Full Cast Audio
Books in Series: Listened to the first 3
Story Rating:
Audio Rating:
 

Story Review: Do I really need to write anything here? These books are amazing, fantastic, phenomenal. And you need to read them RIGHT NOW.

Audio Review: These books were my first experience with a full cast audio production, and I'm happy to say that I'm very pleased! I do wish that the narrators had stayed consistent between the books (I especially wish that Isi didn't have a lisp in Enna Burning) but on the whole I think the narrators are awesome. And I think the real "narrator" (the one who reads everything non-dialogue) is all kinds of awesome. Cynthia Bishop, let's be friends.

My only complaint (aside from that lisp) is that I think there is an overabundance of music. Between each chapter/passage of time is just too much for me.

If you haven't listened to a full cast production before, I strongly recommend that you start with these. They're great.

If you have listened to a different full cast production before... please tune in soon for my review of Graceling.


All review content © Enna Isilee, Squeaky Books 2007-2012

3 comments:

  1. I thought the audios for these were really good as well. I liked the different voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the audiobook for The Goose Girl, but I got the audio cd of Enna Burning from my library last week and was so disappointed. I've listened to the audiobook of the first so many times that I was really surprised by the voice changes in the second book. And I hated Isi's voice. She went from a strongly voiced character to a very wispy voice IMO. Cynthia Bishop is a wonderful narrator though. I wonder why they replaced her for RIver Secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've listened to these and really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails