Remembering Raquel-- Vivian Van Velde


Raquel was never very popular, that is, until the day she died.

Huh? How can you not want to read a book that starts out like that? ;-)

This was a very interesting novella (it’s short). I only took me a couple hours to read and that was during school, so less than that if I had read it straight through. It’s about how people react to this girl’s death. She’s overweight, unpopular, and plays online fantasy games, and everyone has a different reaction to her death.

Not only does this teach you a great lesson about “popularity” it also leaves you with questions: “How would people remember me?” “Is there someone I should be noticing more?” “How would I feel if so-and-so died?”

It was fascinating.

~Enna Isilee

2 comments:

Thank you so much for commenting! I read each and every one.

Please be aware that any comments under an "anonymous" user are subject to deletion, as well as cruel or unnecessarily rude comments (because sometimes it's necessary to be rude.*wink*). Comments on posts older than 2 weeks are also moderated, and may take a few days to appear.

Related Posts with Thumbnails